The pituitary gland is just a small portion of the body that makes a really great difference in the body. Why? Well, the pituitary gland is where human growth hormones are being secreted. This type of hormone is the one responsible for the growth processes of the body. It helps build more muscles, makes us taller with stronger bones, makes us think sharper, and makes us feel youthful all over. Without this small gland, no matter how many stretching exercises we perform won’t make us any taller or stronger.
The only thing about the pituitary gland is that it slows down its production as we grow old and it will eventually decline by the time we reach 45 or sometimes even younger. Because of this, drastic changes occur in our body. We start to sickly, we lose our sharp memory, the skin starts to get wrinkles, and our vitality declines with it. Good thing there are still natural ways of increasing the production of growth hormones so as to keep us going even as we age.
Natural Ways of Increasing the Production of Growth Hormones
- Make sure to get enough sleep at night. When we are asleep, the pituitary gland is actively working. It is when the production of growth hormones is on its best. If we do not get enough sleep, we will have less growth hormone which is why we tend to feel weaker and less able to concentrate when we had very little rest at night. So make sure you don’t deprive yourself of sleep.
- Eat healthy. It is recommended to eat six to seven small meals each day instead of the usual three large meals. If the body has to digest large amounts of foods at a time, this uses up a lot of energy which tends to slow the body down. Ever wonder why you feel exhausted after eating a large meal? Because the digestion is taking up all the energy and when we are tired, growth hormones won’t be able to secrete. Also, raw fruits and vegetables help in the stimulation of growth hormone production.
- Get yourself a power protein-rich snack before working out. That way, you have adequate amounts of energy to keep you going without exhausting yourself. A chicken salad could be a perfect snack for this. Also, make sure to workout with ease. Tiring yourself too much will slow down growth hormone production.
- Take amino acid glycine right before you workout as this can help stimulate the production of growth hormones.
- Avoid eating a large meal right before you go to bed. When you do this, your body won’t be able to rest fully while you sleep because of the digestion process. You should have a restful sleep. If you are really hungry, just eat a little and wait for it to go down before you doze off.